Visiting Seattle & The Puget Sound
Things to Do
The Puget Sound is fantastic for couples or families on vacation, especially in summer. Don’t let the time of year stop you from traveling here, though.
In mostly alphabetical order, recommendations include visiting Bainbridge Island via Washington Ferry, touring Chihuly Garden & Glass, hanging at Gas Works Park for Lake Union views, riding the Great Wheel, boating on Lake Washington around UW, strolling Kirkland’s beaches and downtown, playing tourist at Pike Place Market or via Ride the Ducks*, watching Sea Fair, visiting San Juan Islands for orca tours, going to a Seattle Seahawks, Sounders or Mariners game, taking in Snoqualmie Falls, looking at views from the Space Needle, and/or touring Woodinville’s wine country .
* We rode before this tragedy; the company is still in business.
Food & Drink
Cactus (All, $-$$, various locations)
Cafe Juanita (Dinner, $$$$$, Kirkland, WA)
Canlis (Dinner, $$$$, Seattle)
- Flatstick Pub (WA breweries on tap, $-$$, various locations)
- Molly Moon’s (Ice cream/sorbet, $, various locations)
- Novelty Hill Januik Winery (Wine, $$, Woodinville)
- Portage Bay Cafe (Breakfast, $-$$, various locations)
- The Commons (All, $$, Woodinville, WA)
- Woodinville Whiskey (Woodinville, WA)